For frontline staff and colleagues to understand how and why we think, feel and react to stress and to understand and practice mindful responses to stress. Mindfulness will help develop present moment awareness to see life differently, change unhelpful patterns and experience more choice.
The course will enable candidates to apply Mindfulness personally and professionally to reduce stress in everyday lives.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Increase mind-body awareness
- Identify and reduce stress
- Gain new coping skills to manage stress
- Be more responsive and less reactive in the midst of complex, and highly charged situations
- Affect and nurture deep states of relaxation and stress reduction
- Increase concentration, focus, and clarity of thought through the daily practice of mindfulness
- Bring attention to the habits of the mind
- What is Mindfulness
- Gathering the scattered mind – The power of being present, living all your moments
- Understanding Stress
- Patterns of reaction, responding vs reacting
- Attention and the Brain
- Measuring your own stress level using the HAD scale
- Using Mindfulness to Cope with Stress
- Mindfulness of Thought, dealing with thoughts
- Mindfulness of Emotion, dealing with difficult emotions
- Mindfulness and Communication
- Cultivating Compassion
- Mindful Conflict Resolution
- Developing a Mindful Life
A full day programme
“This course should be compulsory for all staff” – Local authority worker, Wirral
“I just wanted to say a massive thankyou for an informative, fun, positive & inspirational day. I will definitely use this” – Speech & language therapist, London NW NHS Trust
To download the course outline please click here.
To find out more about Mindfulness and how it can help you please click here.