Mental Health First Aid (Virtual Classroom)
1 in 4 people experience mental health issues each year, 1 in 5 have suicidal thoughts, to bring this into context, just think about how many employees your organisation has.
This webinar helps us understand what mental health is and how to challenge stigma as well as a basic knowledge of some common mental health issues.
It also gives you an introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing as well as confidence to offer support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
The interactive session enables delegates to understand signs and symptoms and how to confidently talk to a colleague about it, then to signpost them to appropriate professional help through presentation, discussion and exercises.
How Long is the Course?
A Half-day Session over Zoom, Skype or MS Teams
Who is the Course Aimed at?
Anyone who wants to learn more about Mental Health
- Understand the Mental Health Continuum and how we travel from well to poor
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress and how to confidently have a conversation and signpost
- Mental health conditions: Depression-Anxiety disorders- Psychosis- Eating disorders- Suicide- Self-harm
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Useful statistics
- Helpful resources, national and local