Mental Capacity Act MCA & Deprivation of Liberty (DoLs)
Those working in adult social care are required to have an understanding of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards. This short course provides the necessary overview & understanding.
Who is the course aimed at?
Staff in the adult care sector
How long is the course?
Full or half day session
What will you learn?
At the conclusion of the training session, delegates will:
– be able staff to understand the MCA 2005 and DoLS and be able to apply this in their working practice.
Delegates will have:
– An increased understanding of the provisions of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
– Knowledge of their duties and responsibilities under the Mental Capacity Act 2005
– have the skills to clearly document the rationale, and process of MCA and decision-making. –
– understand their roles within DOLS.
This Course may also be delivered with a qualification.
“This is the best MCA training I have ever been on” – Adult Social Worker, London
“Exquisite training!” – Adult Social Worker, London
“Best training I have ever had. Extremely interesting” – Adult Social Worker, London
To view or download a printable leaflet click here