The purpose of this session is to provide practitioners with an increased awareness of the term LGBTQIA and the issues faced by young people. It encourages participants to explore best practice to support young people through positive messages
How long is the course?
Who is the Couse Aimed at?
All social care staff caring for children
• To increase LGBTQIA awareness
• To describe the difference between sexual orientation and gender identity
• To explore some of the ways in which prejudice and discrimination can be directed towards LGBT young people
• To develop a better understanding of the needs of LGBT young people
• To explore sexual identity, expression and assignment
• To state the equality legislation in relation to LGBT
• To be able to provide support for LGBT young people
• To foster good practice for working with LGBT young people
• To know where to go to for more advice and information