This one day session on legal literacy will cover all the major legislations such as Mental Capacity Act, Mental Health Act, Care Act including dual sensory loss and Human Rights Act.
Who is it for?
Social workers, social care assessors, OTs, BIAs, AMHPs, Managers.
How long is the course?
1 day (can also be run as a half day session)
- Be aware of the main legislation relevant to adult social care and where to find key information
- Understand the role of primary legislation, regulations, statutory guidance and best practice guidance in adult social care practice
- Develop a clear understanding of the differences between duties and powers and between law, guidance and policy.
- Understand the source and limits of the main legal duties and powers relevant to adult social care
- Be able to identify the main legal duties under the Care Act
- Be able to identify other important powers, principles and duties relevant to adult social care
- Be aware of the main legal issues which can arise when working with other agencies and how to navigate them lawfully
- Know the key principles to follow to make defensible decisions in adult social care
To download a full copy of the course outline please click here.