Introduction to Project Management
This course is a basic overview of what is meant by Project Management. The purpose is to provide participants with an insight into the world of projects and give them a basic grounding of what is involved
Ideal for Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders or people who are moving into the Project Management area and would like to know more about what is involved
How long is the Course?
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
• Identify what is meant by project management and how these fits into the overall organisation and strategic plans.
• Examine the different types of project management.
• Identify the lifecycle stages of a project including planning, implementation, monitoring and closing.
• Identify the roles of the project management team using RACI and related planning tools.
• Identify the role of the PM and examine overall governance and compliance requirements
• Examine the use of the Project Management Plan and the Project Implementation plan.
• Use methods to plan and monitor your project including the use of work break down structures and Gantt charts.
• Use risk management tools including RAID.
• Identify the need for cost control and budgets and planning ahead.