Emergency 1st Aid: Gun & Knife Wounds
Most often the first person on the scene of a fatal knife/ gun wound is inevitably friends of the victim or/ and teaching professionals, outreach workers. This course is designed specifically to deal with quick response administrating first aid related to the incident.
This course involves dealing with the dangers of gun and knife crime and also how to deal with the wounds at the scene. This course has been very successful in training professionals and young people to deal and respond to fatal injuries, and is run by a highly qualified and experienced A/E and Intensive care nurse.
– Introduction and Welcome
– Health & Safety
– Tutor Introduction to delegates
– Explanation of paperwork involved.
– Aims /Objectives of the course
Who is the course aimed at?
Aimed at outreach workers, teachers, youth workers and professionals
How long is the course?
What will you learn?
– Facts /Figures on gun/knife crime
– First aid aims/responsibilities
– Primary assessment
– Special instructions for regions of the body
– Signs/Symptoms/Treatment of shock
– Recovery position
– C.P.R. Demonstration/Practice
“Presenter made a complex subject easy to understand & interesting”