Effective Communication for Social Workers
This programme recognises the fact that effective communication is central to all work in the health and social care sectors. Professionals within the sectors require good communication and interpersonal skills to perform their roles effectively, work cooperatively with colleagues and build supportive relationships with people using services. It is, therefore, important for all those embarking on a career in the health or social care sectors to gain knowledge, understanding and the skills associated with communication, so that they are able to develop effective interpersonal skills. On completion delegates will;
– be able to understand effective communication, the barriers that may exist and ways to overcome these
– have the opportunity to gain the interpersonal skills needed to embark on a career within the health or social care sectors.
– investigate what is meant by effective communication and interpersonal skills and how these may affect the outcomes for people who use services
– be able to consider the factors that influence communication and interactions, analysing theories which may help to explain why there may be difficulties, possible breakdowns in communication and ways to overcome these.
– The benefits of effective communication for people who use services will be explored.
– be able to reflect on their performance, and that of others, consolidating their learning by demonstrating their skills in a one-to-one and a group interaction in a health and social care context
Who is the course aimed at?
Aimed at those working within a range of health and social care settings for care workers and professionals.
How long is the course?
What will you learn?
– Understand effective communication and interpersonal interaction in health and social care
– Understand factors that influence communication and interpersonal interaction in health and social care environments
– Understand ways to overcome barriers in a health and social care environment
– Be able to communicate and interact effectively in a health and social care environment.
“A great experience that was thought provoking and motivational! Thank you, Carla”
“Due to the outstanding tutorage from Carla Pither, a most enjoyable day”