Duty of Care
This course will provide delegates a complete understanding surrounding the Duty Care. On completion delegates will;
– understand how duty of care contributes too safe practice
– know how to address conflicts or dilemmas between an individual?s rights and your duty of care
– know how to respond to complaints.
Who is the course aimed at?
Social Workers and Social Work Students, Health Assistants, Occupational Therapists and OT Students, Medical Students, Radiographers, Physiotherapists, Paramedics, Social Care Workers, Nurses and Student Nurses
How long is the course?
What will you learn?
– Describe what their professional duty of care entails and how it underpins their practice
– Manage dilemmas between rights and responsibilities in an empowering and enabling manner
– Manage complaints in a way that values the individual and recognises gaps in service provision
“Very informative. Pleasant and friendly trainer.” (Social Worker, Birmingham)