Dignity & Respect
The course will cover Legislation
– Definition of Dignity and Respect
– What can individuals expect from staff
– Impact of poor practice
– What is best practice
– Advice and support
Who is the course aimed at?
All staff who work in the field of Health and Social Care
How long is the course?
What will you learn?
– Staff are aware of legislation surrounding dignity and respect
– Staff are aware of what dignity and respect mean
– Staff are aware of how residents feel when they are not treated with dignity and respect
– Staff know what constitutes best practice when providing services with dignity and respect and ensure they employ these practices
– Staff understand the reasons why unacceptable staff attitudes and practices must be replaced where they exist
“Glad I came on this course. I found it very interesting” – Support Worker, Yorkshire