This course is an introduction to dementia. It will look at what dementia is and the effect it has on the brain and the person. Delegates will also have the knowledge of what it may feel like for people living with dementia and have a better understanding of how to provide person centred care to them. It will focus on the importance of knowing as much of the person’s life history in order to provide an effective standard of care.
Who is the Course aimed at?
All staff working in care with older people including carers, voluntary workers and care home staff
How long is the Course?
- What is dementia
- What are the common types of dementia
- How does it affect a person
- Signs and symptoms of dementia
- What are challenges of working with someone living with dementia
- Understand that each person is an individual and should be treated as such
- The reality of the person living with dementia
*Talking Life has a wide range of dementia training available, delivered by experienced practitioners. If you dont see the specific topic you are looking for, please contact us for further information on 0151-632-0662 or email: email@example.com