Completing Job Applications & Interviewing Skills
The aim of this workshop is to prepare staff for applying for jobs by supporting them in completing application forms (which may be external) and giving hints and tips to help with interviews including using the STAR technique.
Who is the Course aimed at
Any individual who is considering applying for a new job and wants help to perform to the best of their ability.
How long is the Course?
Half a day
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Complete job application forms effectively
- Utilise the Essential Criteria on the Person Specification when filling in the form
- Know how to prepare well in advance of the interview
- Use the STAR Technique on the application form and when giving a full answer
- Understand interview scoring
“This was my second time doing this course. Trainer was a great help and it was a good refresher” – Children’s Centre Worker, Merseyside
This course is either a stand-alone session or can form one element of our 5-part Staff Change Support Programme. The other elements are:
- Leading in Times of Change (for Managers)
- Working in a Changing Environment (for Employees)
- Being Interviewed for a Ring Fenced Post
- Stress Awareness & Building Resilience
To view or download information about this course click here