Child Mental Health
This course aims to take you through all you need to know about the mental needs of children and young people including risk factors that can influence the onset of mental health issues in children
The course focuses on children’s developmental needs and addresses the impact of developmental interruptions and trauma on children and young people’s mental health. We will also consider the impact of mental health issues on learning and community inclusion.
How long is the Course?
Who is the course Aimed at?
Children’s Social Care Staff
- Awareness of the extent of mental health issues in children and young people and what is currently happening in terms of legislation and policies
- Explored a range of common mental health conditions including depression, anxiety, self-harming behaviours
- Considered less common mental health issues in children and young people including suicide, psychosis and bi-polar disorder
- Awareness of vulnerable groups of children and young people including looked after children, those with disabilities and young carers
- Identified factors contributing to poor mental health in children and young people including abuse, trauma, developmental disruption and living with parents with a range of issues
- Explored child development and how aspects of development are impacted by mental health issues and how to support effectively