Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
The aim of this day is to introduce participants to the area of Adverse Childhood Experiences through a mixture of presentation of key concepts and scenarios, allowing participants to gain a greater understanding of the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences with case studies relevant to their daily roles.
Who is the Course Aimed At?
All staff working with children
How Long is the Course?
What Will you Learn?
The key concepts participants will discuss throughout the day are the nature of ACEs. Such as:
- Physical, sexual and verbal abuse.
- Physical and emotional neglect.
Having a family member who is:
- Depressed or diagnosed with other mental illness;
- Addicted to alcohol or another substance;
- In prison
- Witnessing a parent or guardian being abused;
- Losing a parent to separation, divorce or other reason
Other areas covered will be: Impact on Brain Development, Mental Health, Resilience and Attachment.
To download a full copy of the course outline please click here.