Advanced Project Management
This two-day intensive course provides an overview to the Project Manager’s /Associate Project Manager’s Role. It is based on the contents of the Project Management Qualification. It is an intensive course that provides a snapshot of what is involved in project management environment.
This is an interactive course and case studies will be provided to help work with and use the tools as we work through the course. However, we often find that using a real example can be extremely supportive and enlightening for our learners. If you wish to bring an example to work through, provided we adhere to GDPR rules this is acceptable.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify the difference between Projects, Programmes and how they link to the overall strategic plans and Business as Usual.
- Examine different Project Methods including Agile, Prince2, Kanban, Lean and Six Sigma, and identify how they link with a range of organisational structures
- Identify the lifecycle stages of a project including planning, implementation, monitoring and closing.
- Identify the role of the PM and examine overall governance and compliance requirements
- Identify the roles of the project management team Including Sponsor, PM and Stakeholders and use RACI and related planning tools.
- Examine the use of the Project Management Plan and the Project Implementation plan.
- Identify the Scope of a Project using methods to plan and monitor your project including the use of work break down structures,
- Develop a project schedule using Milestone planning, Critical Path Analysis and Gantt charts.
- Identify the need for Resource Planning and How to use a Resource Plan.
- Identify risk assessment within Project Planning and devise a Risk Log using a range of industry accepted practices.