Social Work and Social Media
The aim of this workshop is to examine and discuss guidance on the use of social media and explore best practice considering professional boundaries. It includes an analysis of professional boundaries in social work using real life case examples to generate thoughtful discussion and encourage safe practice
How Long is the Course?
Who is the Course Aimed at?
Qualified social workers and social worker students to meet, discuss, share and reflect on social work practice with a view to continuously improve the service offered to service users, whilst also being recognised as part of their continuous professional development
By the end of this session delegates will be able to:-
- Understand and analyse guidance on the use of social media in social work practice
- Improve their knowledge and understanding of good practice in the use of social media in social work
- Understand Social Work England ‘Professional Standards; and how these apply to social work, practice particularly around the use of social media
- Reflect on professional boundaries in social work practice and understand professional responsibilities
- Embed the ‘Knowledge and Skills Statement in Adults’ and ‘Performance Capability Framework’ into their practice