Pressure Area Care
To enable care staff to develop an understanding of causes, prevention, assessment & treatment of pressure ulcers.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is designed for health care professionals working in a care environment.
How long is the course?
What will you learn?
– Anatomy & Physiology of the skin and underlying structures.
– What are pressure ulcers?
– European Pressure Ulcer Grading System
– Causes of pressure damage
– Intrinsic factors / Extrinsic factors
– Financial implications of pressure damage
– Rick assessments /prevention of Pressure damage
– Aids available
“Excellent delivery. Very clear. Thank you.”Â -Organisational and Workforce Development Team Leader, Northamptonshire
“The course was very informative and interesting.”Â -Â Care Assistant, Kettering