Motivational Interviewing (MI) and Solution Focused Interventions (Virtual Classroom) 1 Day
The aim of this one day event is to introduce the principles and practice of Motivational Interviewing and Solution Focused Therapy and explore their use within social services.
There will be pre-course reading material as part of this session.
How Long is the Course?
1 day (either split over 2 x half days or in one day online on your virtual platform of choice)
Who is the Course Aimed at?
Social work staff, qualified and unqualified
- Understanding of the principles and strategies used in motivational interviewing
- Understand the role of motivational interviewing in relation to brief interventions and the Cycle of Change
- Understand and utilise the theoretical framework including important concepts
- Integrate knowledge within an appropriate practice setting
- Understand the skills and principles of Solution Focused Therapy, including the use of powerful questioning
- Be able to practice skills rehearsal, demonstrating consolidation of knowledge
“The course was excellent & interesting throughout. The topic was very relevant to working with families and will help us moving forward as a Service” Assistant Executive Director, Children’s Services, Knowsley Borough Council
To download a copy of the course programme click here.