Minute Taking for Safeguarding Case Conferences
This course will equip delegates with the necessary skills to be able to confidently take minutes at safeguarding case conferences.
Who is the Course Aimed at?
Administrative staff and other key personnel who are required to take minutes at support planning or strategy meetings & Case Conferences
How Long is the Course?
a full or half day
By the end of the workshop participants will have:-
- Developed their understanding of legislation relating to minute taking
- Developed their understanding of Safeguarding issues and local processes
and procedures for holding meetings and conferences.
- Considered what effective communication is, including orally and in writing.
- Developed their understanding of the terminology and language used in the
context of safeguarding.
- Participants will explore the emotional impact on minute takers of the content
of many safeguarding conferences and how this can impede their primary
task of minute taking.
- Practiced summarising materials presented orally.
- Prepared a personal action plan for minute taking.