Signing Communication (Makaton)
To enable support workers to communicate effectively with their service users whose speech is impaired
Who is the Course Aimed At?
Anyone who needs to communicate effectively with service users
How Long is the Course?
The learner will:-
- Learn and use signs for communicating including core vocabulary relationships, hobbies, food & drink and needs
- Identify the symbols used for the same core vocabulary
- Learn additional words and phrases – Activities, Outdoors
- The Importance of facial expressions
- Be able to use signs to communicate effectively