Listening to Children’s Wishes & Feelings
This training course will equip participants with a range of techniques for effective listening to and communication with children. It enables workers and carers to work effectively with children to process difficult experiences; use reflective listening skills and assessment techniques; assist children in processing and recording their life history; and support them as they prepare to move to permanence.
Who is the Course Aimed at?
Social workers, adoptive parents and foster carers, and all those who are doing direct work with children
How Long is the Course?
- Identifying children’s needs
- Looking at the interface between attachment, trauma and loss
- Assist how can children in getting in touch with their feelings
- How we introduce ourselves to a child.
- Listening to children
- Direct work session looking at activities/toys that can be used
- Managing difficult feelings
- Gathering information for Assessment