An Introduction to Management
In this session we will be looking at the ways in which we we can become an effective manager and leader.
Who is the Course Aimed at?
Staff who are aspiring to be Managers and are not currently in a supervisory or management role
How Long is the Course?
a half or full day
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Clearly define the role of a manager, the attributes, qualities and traits effective managers possess
- Outline the steps we can take to become more effective at self-management using a personal SWOT analysis
- Describe the actions we can take in order to gain an increased understanding of changes within the organisation using a PESTLE analysis
- Identify a range of different leadership and management theories and specify when each may be applicable
- Engage, connect and build rapport more effectively with members of our team. Becoming more inclusive as a manager.