The course is designed to meet and comply with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. It covers regulations, the fire triangle, evacuation, fire equipment, good housekeeping, the law, training requirements, calling the fire service, fire doors, smoke alarms, risk assessing and precautions.
This course is ideal to give all members of staff basic fire training to increase awareness and corporation in the event of a fire in the workplace. Awareness will reduce the risk of fires actually breaking out and therefore save lives.
The course is accredited by Pro Trainings and on completion of the course you will receive an accredited certificate and will also receive a PDF manual on health & safety.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at anyone who requires a course in fire safety.
How long is the course?
What will you learn?
– Understand basic fire safety and what to do in the event of an emergency
– State the main causes of fires in the workplace.
– Outline the main costs of fires in the workplace for employers, employees and society.
– State their own duties and responsibilities in relation to fire safety at work.
– State the duties and responsibilities of fire wardens and other people who may be required to take action as part of fire risk controls or during an emergency.
– Describe the action to be taken in the event of a fire in the workplace, including methods of raising the alarm and contacting the emergency services.
– Understand the principles of fire risk control
– List the key elements for effective fire risk management in the workplace.
– Outline how the components of the fire triangle can be used to control fire risks.
– List active and passive fire risk control measures.
– Outline fire prevention measures that can be taken to minimise fire risks.
– Understand the basics of practical fire safety
– State the safe operating parameters for the use of portable fire-fighting equipment.
– Outline simple checks for ensuring that fire safety equipment is serviceable and safe to use.
“This was the best fire safety courseÂ I have ever been on!” – Carer, Norwich