Safeguarding Adults: Financial & Material Abuse
The purpose of this half day course is to provide professional working with vulnerable adults with a basic awareness of financial abuse and how it occurs. It focuses on the prevalence of financial abuse and what options are available to investigate and safeguard the assets of vulnerable adults in line with Safeguarding Adult Procedures
Who is the course aimed at?
Any professionals working with vulnerable adults
How long is the course?
What will you learn?
At the end of the course participants will:
- Have a clear understanding of their role and responsibility in safeguarding adults from financial abuse
- Know the extent and prevalence of abuse amongst vulnerable adults
- Know how vulnerable adults can make safe choices in purchasing their own care
- Know the powers and duties of statutory bodies and financial institutions in preventing and detecting abuse
- Know the legal powers and interventions available in such cases