This one day module is designed to enable staff to provide frequent, person-centred activities for the benefit of people living with dementia, helping to build on an individual’s strengths and overcome challenges.
How Long is the Course?
Who is the Course Aimed at?
Staff who work with people with Dementia
- The importance of activities to the well-being of a person with dementia
- How to plan effectively
- Person centred Outcomes
- Encouraging participation
- Evaluation and reflection on the provision of activities
- the principles of activity
- identifying and overcoming the obstacles to successful activity sessions
- how to connect with and motivate individuals
- How to plan an individual or group activity, making use of everyday resource materials
- ideas for activity sessions
- where to get activity materials and resources from
- the internet and its benefits
- using reminiscence materials to facilitate therapeutic discussions