Dementia & Challenging Behaviours
This course looks at understanding and responding to the behaviour of people with dementia. The training uses the principles of person centred care and looks particularly at communication and the effect of the environment.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at all staff working in the care environment who work with older people with dementia.
How long is the course?
On completion of the course, participants will be have:
– Considered the implications of dementia on the person
– Explored the reasons behind the behaviour of someone with dementia
– Considered and explore anticipatory responses
– Examined the importance of the environment and routine
– Understood the importance of effective communication and life story
“Presenter made a complex subject easy to understand & interesting”
*Talking Life has a wide range of dementia training available, delivered by experienced practitioners. If you dont see the specific topic you are looking for, please contact us for further information on 0151-632-0662 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org