This course is aimed at business that are already established and either want to stay in business or move onto the next level. When you set up a business that is only the beginning. You may have started out well but to keep going you need to be aware of changes either in your own business or in the marketplace. This course will provide you with insight on how to do this.
This course is ideal for you if you own a business and you want to take it to next stage, or your business is taking a new direction. It is also ideal for someone who works for a company and has been given the task of planning business for future work.
How long is the Course?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the different stages of the life cycle of a business and assess the position of your own business.
- Use SWOT analysis and Pestle analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses of your business and the threats and opportunities posed by competitors and external factors.
- Identify your market position using the Ansoff Matrix to compare your business to your competitors.
- Identify how well each of your products and services are serving you using the Boston Matrix.
- Decide on your growth strategy by developing updated strategic and operational objectives.
- Develop a budget and forecast for the next stage of your business and develop a business case.
- Examine the use of the Canvas Business development model.
In this course we will be carrying out in depth analysis of how a business moves from its current position to the next phase. The session will be interactive and feel free to bring examples of work you are currently engaged in. Please be aware of keeping all sensitive information confidential