Working with Attachment, Loss & Separation for Foster Carers
Delegates attending this course will examine the role of foster carers in considering attachment and trauma and how this relates to building resilience and supporting development in Children and Young People
Who is the course aimed at?
How long is the course?
1 day (9-2)
What will you learn?
By the end of this course, participants will have:
- a practical understanding of the basics of attachment theory
- gained awareness of different types of attachment & behaviours
- considered internal working models and how experiences shape the child and young person’s view of the world
- an understanding of the impact of separation and loss on children’s development, self-esteem, identity and behaviour
- explored what triggers the fight/flight response and subsequent attachment driven responses in children and young people
- considered how to support the development of resilience, self-esteem and identity in children and young people
“A very difficult topic, but presented well and professionally” – Deputy Manager, Denbighshire