Team Leader Training
Effective management and team leadership incorporates a wide range of skills, techniques and strategies. This practically-based programme allows for the exploration, analysis and development of approaches that participants can immediately implement upon their return to the workplace.
Using the trainer’s extensive experience, blended with the reflection of the participants’ current practices allows for the development of role play scenarios which are grounded in reality and allow for discussion and the development of real-world solutions
How Long is the Course?
2 day programme 9.30am – 4.30pm or can be split into 4 x half days
This programme incorporates, the theory, practical applications and strategies necessary to develop confident, competent and effective team leaders and supervisors.
By the end of the session delegates will be able to:
- Define what management is, describe the management skills required within their role, be able to identify their own management style and understand the importance of adapting their style to achieve specific, measurable results
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key roles required of a team leader/supervisor in a large service area
- Build effective working relationships with colleagues, internal and external customers
- Support staff in times of change including supporting their line manager
- Describe strategies for remaining resilient in challenging circumstances, interactions and environments
- Manage conflict including having adult (difficult) conversations in 1-1 meetings and handling challenge in an open office environment
- Use assertiveness skills, techniques and strategies to take control of situations, lead and influence
- Implement effective Performance Management techniques including conducting Performance Appraisal & Development (using Values and
Behaviours), be able to tackle under performance and set SMART objectives.
- Use appropriate Policies and Procedures in a confident manner (e.g. Attendance Management, Capability, and Disciplinary).
To view the workshop outline, please click here.