Team Building through Emotional Intelligence
Emotional intelligence, hope, mindfulness, and compassion help a person reverse the damage of chronic stress and build great relationships. The Positive and Negative Emotional Attractors inspire sustained, desired change and learning at many levels.
This initial one-day session will focus on imparting emotional excellence skills as well as constructing a new psychological contract to enable team building through communication using emotionally intelligent language increasing respect and gratitude. They will develop intrapersonal skills of self-awareness and self-regulation.
They will learn the principles of Mindfulness for empowerment, acceptance and letting go helping the positive mental attitude flourish. They will learn the importance of managing body, mind and spirit so as to lead self and others in a holistic manner to become truly authentic.
How Long is the Course?
- Strategies to manage the different behavioural roles people take within a team and ways to improve team dynamics
- Social cues and responding appropriately to them
- Positive and Negative Emotional Attractors (PEA and NEA), which are states that enable change, and help us become open to it. We need the NEA to survive and the PEA to strive and flourish.
- The principles of emotional intelligence to enhance relationships with others
- Develop interpersonal skills such as self-awareness, which is the ability of an individual to recognize and understand one’s moods, emotions and drives as well as their impact on others
- Cultivate empathy or the ability to understand the emotional makeup of other people and skill in responding according to their emotional reactions
- Expectation setting and empowerment through the new psychological contract
- Taking ownership and accountability
Half Day Follow up Session 4 weeks Later
A half day session to enable reflective practices, learn how challenges have been overcome, what new techniques, strategies have worked as well as what challenges have been encountered and most importantly how new Positive mental attitudes have helped the team overcome them through their own creativity, problem solving and empowered authority.
Further embedding of emotional intelligence and mindfulness practices will be utilised to embed sustained change.
How Long is the Course
- Identifying opportunities taken for accountability and ownership to drive self-management and lessen dependency
- Identifying personal barriers to challenges
- Flexibility and creativity in problem solving
- Recognition for personal development, activating the sense of achievement for continued practice
- Conflict resolution and handling pressure with EQ
- Maintain your emotional energy to motivate and lead self and others towards achieving organisational goals
- Develop authentic and credible leadership to build trust within team members
- Develop skills in responding to feedback
- Emotional resilience to handle challenges
- Creating synergy in teams