Support Planning for Positive Outcomes (Person Centred)
The emphasis in the Care Act is that care and support planning should put a person in control of their care and that the person must be as actively involved, with support, as required, and influential as is possible. The person should know how their budget was calculated and feel confident that the personal budget is correct and sufficient to meet their care and support needs. Support planning is about considering options and solutions, strengths which have been identified and what is available in the person’s community.
The plan needs to include the person’s outcomes, their assessed needs and assets, the input of any carers, how any outstanding needs will be met, the person’s own financial contribution, as applicable, and whether a direct payment will be taken.
Who is the Course aimed at?
Those working in Adult Social Care
How long is the Course?
By the end of this one day programme, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the essential components of a Support Plan
- Utilise a strengths based approach
- Know what needs to be included in a Support Plan
- Understand support options and the different ways a Personal Budget can be taken
- Promote Direct Payments
- Refine the personal outcomes identified during the assessment
- Explore the potential benefits of managing risk positively
- Adopt creative solutions in support planning
- Confidently complete customers and carers support plans
Additional Learning Objectives for Managers
- Support and encourage practitioners to adopt creative solutions in support planning
- Be confident in signing off customers’ and carers’ support plans
“We have used the company Talking Life to deliver Strength Based Assessment and Outcome Focused Care Planning training and Having Different Conversations training to our Social Work and Reablement staff during 2018/19.
We can say that it has been a pleasure working with them. The trainers were both very knowledgeable and have delivered a good standard of training to our staff. Due to the training received, we have achieved the agreed outcomes and staff have embedded learning into practice.
The management of the programme has been very diligent which ensured the smooth running of the programme. We appreciate the mid-point and final reviews of courses which were factored in by the company as this allowed for effective monitoring of progress and enabled us to address any issues.
We would highly recommend this company as they are very professional and both trainers genuinely have a desire to see a high standard of learning and development of social work staff.”
Linda Francis: learning and Delivery Manager, Sandwell Council
To view or download a course programme click here