Substance Misuse Awareness
This course will provide delegates with an increased awareness of various drugs and their effects and how they are used, allowing them to recognise the signs of substance misuse and refer user to specialist services. It will demonstate how to establish working relationships with individual users and recognise and act upon immediate risk of danger to substance users.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at all Health and Social Care professionals as well as those who work in Education
How long is the course?
Half a day or 1 day.
What will you learn?
– Recognise indications of substance misuse and refer individuals to specialists
– Recognise indications of substance misuse
– Enable individuals to find out about services and facilities
– Develop you own knowledge and practice
– Incorporate new knowledge into the development of your own practice
– Raise awareness about substances their use and effects
– Refer individuals to substance misue and/or other services
“The course was brilliant, very down to earth & put in simple, understandable terms”