Subject Access Request
A person who resides in the UK has the right to ask an organisation whether or not they are using or storing their personal information. This session looks at the individual’s rights along with our responsibilities to provide information which is relevant and meets the requirements set by law and our employing organisation.
How Long is the Course?
Who is the Course Aimed at?
During this session we will be looking at:
- What is a Subject Access Request?
- How to manage a SAR: identity checks, disclosure, exemptions and withholding information as well as timescales and processes
- Retrieving records relating to people who are deceased
- Lack of capacity requests
- Redaction and third party information
- Request for removal or erasure of data
- Objections to processing of data
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Describe the different types of request
- Outline the typical approach taken in each of these circumstances
- Appreciate the legal rights of the individual as well as their responsibilities when enacting the request
- Explain what they should do in unusual or complex situations.