Solution Focussed Interventions
Our Solutions Focused Therapy Training will challenge delegates to look at their current treatment models and whether it works for them and their clients Delegates will be demonstrated the key principles of a solutions focussed therapy by looking at:
– Assumptions of practice
– Problems & solutions
– The Importance of the Therapeutic Alliance
– What is an outcome?
– Session & outcome rating
– Goal setting
– Hypothetical framing
– Eliciting exceptions
– Developing confidence and mastery
– What to do if it doesn’t work
– Working within the trans-theoretical model of change
– Unwilling clients
– Ambivalent clients
– Client’s belief about change
– Role play – putting it all into practice!
Who is the course aimed at?
Health / social care professionals with no prior knowledge of BSFT
How long is the course?
What will you learn?
– Have an understanding of the key principles of BSFT
– Be able to use core BSFT skills when working with clients
– Appreciate the strengths and limitations of BSFT
– Have explored the importance of the therapeutic alliance and the value of the therapist’s role
“An excellent day; delivery of training first class”