Social Media—Online Safety (CEOP)
Keeping children and young people safe online and protecting them from exploitation, is of major importance in a world significantly influenced by social media. This course explains how children and young people use the internet and mobile technologies, the key risks and the strategies for managing incidents that may occur.
Teachers, Foster Carers and others who care for children
How long is the course?
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
– Outline how children and young people use the internet and mobile technologies
– Summarise the nature of online offending against children and young people.
– Understand how offenders use the online environment.
– Explain the key risks emerging from young people’s current use of technology
– Educate children and young people regarding the risks and the ways in which they can keep themselves safe online
– Apply strategies for managing incidents in your setting.