Who is the course aimed at?
Anyone who works in Children’s Social Care setting
How long is the Course?
By the end of the day participants will have:
- Understood the legislative framework and statutory responsibilities as they apply to planning for sibling placement
- Considered key messages from research to inform practice in relation to the assessment and placement of siblings and planning for permanency
- Explored and applied concepts and assessment tools that assist in assessing siblings’ needs and inform the decision making process of whether they should be placed together or apart
- Planned how to conduct evidence based, analytic sibling assessments that meet children’s needs, to include issues of contact, permanency planning and maintaining family relationship
- Listened to the views of children concerning contact with their brothers and sisters
For a detailed session plan please click here.
Category: Children & Families Social Care