The aim of this course is to increase delegates awareness of sepsis and in turn increase vigilance of sepsis
How Long is the Course?
Half a Day
Who is the Course Aimed at?
- Discuss and Understand the differences between; Bacteraemia, Septicaemia, Sepsis, Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the physiological process in Sepsis
- Identify the signs and symptoms of sepsis
- Acquire knowledge of the Mnemonic SEPSIS
- Discuss and ensure understanding of the National Early Warning Score track and trigger tool
- Consider guidelines from NICE and the Surviving Sepsis Campaign in relation to sepsis