Problem Solving & Creative Thinking
We often encounter situations where problems or difficulties arise which need to be overcome. In some circumstances to move forward we need to incorporate creative thinking in order to develop new strategies and approaches. This session has been developed in order to share ways in which we can more effectively identify barriers and develop solutions to overcome them.
Who is the Course Aimed At?
How long is the Course?
A half day session
Following the session participants will be able to:
- Identify the underlying issues and motivations behind problems
- Use probing questions to uncover the real issues and influences behind past decisions, individuals attitudes and their subsequent behaviours.
- Understanding when action is and isn’t required – when the apparent problem isn’t actually the problem
- Build a greater awareness of our own perception, prejudices and personal biases
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis to form better and more substantive decisions
- Consider the big picture and the future impact of decision
- Think more creatively, develop new ideas and solutions
- Evaluate alternatives through scoring, ranking, weighting and prioritising
- Structure and present your decisions to others in a way which ‘sells’ them on your ideas and suggestions improving the likelihood of their buy-in.
- Manage an ultimatum – influence those who see no way forward and sell them into other ways of thinking