Negotiation & Influencing Skills
Negotiation and influencing are critical in our everyday interactions with other people and to achieve the outcomes of our jobs. We need negotiating and influencing skills to reach agreement on work activities with our colleagues, or about behaviours, standards and outcomes with clients, or those we care for. Managers or staff may also be asked to negotiate with providers about service standards or delivering outcomes and value for money.
This course aims to develop and apply negotiating and influencing skills at work. Participants are asked to come to this workshop with information about a situation they will be involved in or have handled recently.
Who is the course aimed at?
Any members of staff who use everyday negotiating and influencing skills to reach agreements on the delivery of services and achieving outcomes.
How long is the course?
What will you learn?
– promote mutual understanding and listen more effectively
– understand what negotiation is about
– describe the steps involved in negotiating
– practice your negotiating skills
– recognise different styles of influencing
– examine your own influencing styles and skills
– enhance your skills in handling difficult situations or behaviours
– develop a personal action plan for implementation at work
“Thoroughly enjoyed this session; trainer excellent”