Mental Health First Aid Awareness (Virtual Classroom – accredited)
This accredited four-hour session raises awareness of mental health
Everyone who completes the course gets: A certificate of attendance to say they are Mental Health Aware, a manual to refer to whenever they need it and a workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health This course is accredited by MHFA England.
Who is the Course Aimed at?
How Long is the Course?
4 hours – via Zoom/Skype/Teams
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after their own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to offer support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Mental Health Continuum
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress
- Mental health conditions:
- Depression-Anxiety disorders- Psychosis- Eating disorders- Suicide- Self-harm
- Recovery, Take 10 Together, starting a supportive conversation
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Useful statistics
- Helpful resources