Mental Health First Aid (accredited)
Our Adult MHFA Two Day accredited course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
Mental Health First Aiders have:
• An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
How long is the course?
How many people is it for?
A maximum of 16
Learning takes place across four manageable sessions. Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
This course is delivered by our associate trainer Sean Liddell who is a licensed MHFA trainer
This first aid course is accredited.
To download a copy of the course outline please click here.