Management of Self as a Leader
A recurring theme in effective leadership is to manage yourself before you try to manage others. Many leaders however find that this really is their biggest challenge. Self-management is sometimes described as emotional intelligence; in this session this is a theme we will touch upon but also expand into areas such as assertiveness and time management.
Who is the Couse Aimed at?
Anyone who is a leadership position
How long is the Course?
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Identify your key strengths – seek feedback from those we work with on a regular basis and those who supervise us
- Identify how you get things done – understanding your personal work habits
- Define your values – does the organisation culture, mission and strategic direction align with what you believe about your work?
- Figure out where you belong – successful careers are not planned but develop when people are prepared for opportunities and know their strengths
- Decide what you can contribute – where can you make the greatest contribution?