Leadership & Management
This course is designed to examine the role Leadership and Management. During the course you will gain an insight into the difference between the two disciplines. The aim of the course is to enable you to examine the skills and qualities of leadership and management and develop your understanding an atmosphere learning that is safe and enjoyable.
For team leaders, supervisors, managers and those who are aspiring to become a leader of manager
How long is the Course?
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define what is meant by a leader and a manager
- Explore the difference between the two roles.
- Examine how to motivate your team by identify the different styles of leadership and management.
- Discuss examples of styles that work and how to improve areas that are not working.
- Identify team roles and explore how to manage the different personalities within your team.
- Examine the phases of a team and situations and how to adept your styles to suit.
- Define what is meant by delegation and use methods to delegate effectively.
- Set clear performance targets using SMART targets.
- Monitor performance and manage performance issues using conflict management and emotional intelligence.
- Provide effective feedback to the team using constructive methods and planning improvements.
- Develop coaching and mentoring styles to suit your teams needs.
This is an interactive course and we want everyone to get the best out of it. Feel free to bring examples to the sessions but remember to keep all information confidential.