Holding Difficult Conversations and Managing Performance
In this session the focus will be on examining communication methods a manager needs to use to support and improve performance especially in a period of change. It will also examine the difficulties experienced when someone is promoted to a leadership role and is working with members of staff who were their peers.
How long is the Course?
Who is the Course Aimed at?
Managers at any level
In This Session We will Examine…
- How to hold those difficult conversations when you have been promoted from within the team.
- How to consider your own feelings when having those conversations to ensure that you can contain your emotions and help your team member contain theirs.
- How to use emotional intelligence to demonstrate empathy and understanding towards your team members concerns.
- The use of assertiveness methods to get your message across and stand by your decisions without losing your temper or backing down.
- How assess performance against job descriptions and identify areas for development.
- Developing SMART targets to develop a performance improvement plan.
- The use of coaching and feedback to gain commitment to improvement from the member of staff.
- Review of agreed targets.