Holding Difficult Conversations
This course has been designed to support individuals who struggle to engage in difficult and challenging conversations as part of their role. By focusing on aspects of influence, effective communication and rapport, and by giving attendees time to practice these skills and share experiences the course will support attendee’s development into more confident and assertive communicators.
Who is the Course aimed at?
Anyone in the workplace who struggles to engage in difficult and challenging conversations as part of their role.
How Long is the Course?
What will you learn?
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Discussed their current levels of experience and identified their concerns with engaging in difficult conversations
- Considered the behavioural and communication aspects of influence and responding to conflict
- Identified the value of creating the right environment and communicating effectively in handling difficult conversations
- Identified and practised a range of skills relating to assertive communication and behaviour, and considered how their own practice can be adapted
- Built an effective plan for handling any difficult conversation
- Practised, observed and given feedback on difficult conversations and shared experiences to build confidence in future practice
- Focused on personal and team resilience, and next steps to ensure learning is embedded into working practices
Optimum 15, maximum of 20