Holding Different Conversations (Adult Social Care)
In the context of the Care Act, its important to empower staff with the skills and knowledge to be able to have various types of difficult or challenging conversations with service users. These conversations are based on the needs and circumstances of the clients, whether they are at risk and crisis, whether they need to connect with things that can help them to progress their lives or whether they need help with support planning and budgets.
Who is the Course aimed at?
Those working in adult social care
How long is the Course?
By the end of this course participants will have –
- Thought about difficult conversations and the skills they already possess
- Learnt about the preparation that will support them and motivation techniques
- Identified key communication skills
- Tried out the skills and received constructive feedback
- Thought about the follow-up
To view or download a Course Programme click here