Impact of Parental Mental Illness
This short course sets out to raise awareness and understanding ofÂ the impact of parental mental illness on children
Who is the Course aimed at?
This course is aimed at all Practitioners working within the Early Help and Social Care Teams
How long is the Course?
Half a day
What will you learn?
On completion of this workshop, participants will:
- Understand the misconception of the term Mental Health
- Have awareness of the indicators of the impact on children whose parents/carers suffer from mental illness
- Understand the emotional harm that living with parents with mental illness can have on children and young people including young carers
- Identify the Risk and Protective Factors that play a key role in analysis and decision making
- Identify concerns about parenting capacity that may contribute to neglect
- Understand learning from Serious Case Reviews and the importance of working together – National and Local
“Great session. Well presented, good variety of learning tools; interactive, informative, inspiring!” – Children’s Worker, Nottinghamshire.