Fair Access To Care [FAC]
This one day programme examines the eligibility criteria which are used to establish access to care for adults. This encompasses the assessment and management of risk when establishing need; decision making in social work and the policy which underpins FACS.
This will be achieved by:
– examining the framework and policy of FACS and the decisions to focus care services
– the assessment of need in accordance with the criteria. This includes the assessment of capacity, need and risk
– evidencing the assessment of capacity and risk management as part of FACS
– decision making and assessment: using a framework for effective risk assessment and management as part of meeting need under the FACS criteria.
Who is the course aimed at?
All Staff in Social Care
How long is the course?
What will you learn?
– By the end of the session, workers will have an understanding of the FACS criteria and the assessment of need under this framework
“I learnt a lot, lots of examples given”