Enteral tube feeding has become a widely used health care technology both in the hospital and community settings, and its increasing use is associated with a range of different routes and systems for delivery of nutrition. But the fact that more patients are being fed Via this method , is not matched by education and training for those providing care
This course is designed to enable staff to develop an understanding of Enteral Feeding;
– To Discuss methods of administration
– Complications -Trouble shooting and management.
– Awareness of the relationship of infection prevention and control
– Care of the Stoma site/Tube
Who is the course aimed at?
How long is the course?
What will you learn?
– Definition of enteric feeding
– Anatomy and Physiology of the G.I .tract
– Indications for Peg Insertion
– Incidence and management of the tubes
– Complications/Trouble shooting
– Care of the stoma site /Tube
– Infection control considerations
– Medications via the peg tube
– Questions/Answers session
– End of course paper
“Very good course” (Carer, Walsall)