This interactive and practical training will deliver expert advice and guidance on how to meet your statutory obligations for children and young adults with an EHCP.
Delegates will learn how to improve their approach towards contributing to the assessment process for EHCPs. By ensuring statutory requirements are met, and every individual is provided with high quality SEND provision in a timely manner.
It is important for all attendees to ask questions to ensure that they understand their statutory obligation towards the process and implementation of an EHCP.
Effective Communication is Key!
How Long is the Course?
a Half Day
Who is the Course Aimed at?
All Children’s Social Workers
- To understand the process of developing and implementing an EHCP
- To know how your contribution towards the contents of an EHCP is crucial in meeting the needs of the individual with SEND
- To understand the legal background and implications in relation to the CSDPA (1970) and Care Act 2014
- To recognise what advice is beneficial and conducive to the concerns of the individual with an EHCP:- social care advice requirement, need not provision, how to frame your response
- To learn how to work effectively with key delivery stakeholders, including education providers, health care, and parents/carers
- What your responsibilities are in relation to the implementation of an EHCP in accordance with your organisation’s process